Feel the power of balanced testosterone.
If you are looking for a knowledgeable, wholistic, experienced doctor to help you restore your testosterone, growth hormone, or other hormones safely and effectivly Dr.E can help!
Are you experiencing:
- Muscle loss
- Weight gain-increased body fat especially around the mid-section
- Loss of interest in sex
- Depression or low mood
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low energy
- Increased risk for cardiovascular disease
- Poor sleep
- Lack of confidence
- Feeling complacent
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you may have low testosterone, read on to learn how to boost testosterone naturally, how to get tested, and why having the right doctor is important.
Ever wonder why you don’t feel as good in your 40 & 50s as you did in your 20s? It’s because your hormones are dropping rapidly as you hit adropause.
- Men produce 10x more testosterone than women in their youth
- Testosterone declines with age, about midlife levels can plumet, this is called Andropause!
- Testosterone level start to decline significantly, muscle mass reduces, the beer belly makes an appearance, and the libido and erections aren’t what they used to be.
- In fact as testosterone decreases, fat store increase along with the production of estrogen.
- By retirement age men can be producing more estrogen than women of the same age.
How do you know if your testosterone or other hormones are low?
The first step is to get to the bottom of how you are feeling, is it low testosterone, low thyroid, poor growth hormone production, nutrient depletion or what?! Here are the tests Dr. E recommends every man should check included in brackets are the HEALTHY ranges (don’t settle when your regular doctor tells you your testosterone levels are “normal”!).
- Total testosterone (600-1000)
- Free testosterone (20-30)
- SHBG (20-35)
- PSA (<1.0)
- TSH (1.00-1.50)
- Free T3 (3.0-3.4)
- Free T4 (1.1-1.4)
- B12 (700-1000)
- Folate (> 18)
- Vitamin D (50-90)
- IGF-1 (measure of growth hormone production)
- Estradiol, sensitive (20-30)
- CBC w Diff (Hb 13-16.5)
- AST & ALT (10-26)
- hs-CRP (<1.00)
Dr. Escobedo orders these test for all her male patients to ensure optimal health, most of which should be covered by your insurance if you have a PPO. If you want to get tested book a free 15 minute phone consult with Dr.E and ask to have her order your labs today!
Why Choose Dr. Escobedo?
Dr.Escobedo has extensive experience working with men to balance, replace and restore healthy hormones including testosterone. She is successfully prescribing, managing and safely monitoring hundreds of men on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), using well rounded programs including testosterone injections, topical bio-identical testosterone cream, hCG, clomid, sermorelin, growth hormone boosters and estrogen blockers such as anastrozole. Moreover, she utilizes supplements, diet, exercise and herbs to help restore the bodies natural hormone levels. Restoring adrenal health, reducing toxic exposure, and increasing building blocks for hormone production all support healthy hormone production and utilization. Maximizing your bodies health and efficiency.
Please don’t try to do it on your own! Did you know if you’re on testosterone injections your blood gets thicker and increases your risk for a clot! Dr. E always monitors your hemoglobin levels regularly to eliminate this risk. Taking high doses of testosterone can also cause estrogen to sky rocket making you moody, irritable, cause gynocomastia (aka man boobs) and cause your testies to shrink! Managing your estrogen is a crucial part of safe effective hormone replacement therapy.
Want to Fight Back!! Boost Your Testosterone Naturally Here’s some tips:
Studies have shown these types of exercises increase testosterone when combined in a dynamic workout.
- 20 minutes total
- 5 minutes warm up + 5 minutes cool down
- 10 minutes intervals: 1 minute intense running or biking 1 minute walking X 5 times =10 minutes
- 3 sets compound movements
- Heavy enough for 8-12 reps
- Focus on large muscle groups
Get your Key Nutrients:
- Good Fats: Fish oil, olive oil, coconut butter, omega-3s, your body uses them to build sex hormones
- Protein: Whey Protein concentrate, best taken just before a weight lifting workout
- Bio-available minerals: Zinc, magnesium, calcium and chromium
- Lycopene, from tomatoes and is high in tomato past, helps to prevent prostate cancer!
- Maca to support erectile health and sexual performance
- B-vitamins to support energy and adrenal health
There are lots of Test booster supplements on the market, most are filled with junk and don’t do much or have fillers that are bad for you and others work really well. For the best results ask Dr. E she has seen most of them and knows what works.